Wednesday 20th

Day 26 - 1 Kings 15:33 - 2 Kings 4:6

Breakfast is a veritable feast, though I have been so used to milkrice and toast I seem to have lost my appetite, I do my best with Croissants, Waffles and Pancakes!

Deciding to take a slower walk into Colombo today, I only have a couple of Temples that I want to see, and the since it's Medin Full Moon Poya day, the roads will be clear and most of the shops shut.

Seema Malakaya
Serene Buddhist temple floating on a platform on Beira Lake



Next up - Gangaramaya temple



Hindu Temple Sivasubramania Swami Kovil






......and now with temperatures in the early 30's and remembering yesterday - it's too much, I give in - and accept the ride from the next Tuc Tuc Driver who stops and waves his tourist map at me, only so many Rupees and he'll show me the sights, I should have listened!

I climb in, and after a little persuasion he agrees to take me back to my hotel, if only I can tell him where it is! Thank goodness for Google maps, and we're off.

My afternoon and early evening is a relaxed affair as I prepare for the night flight home.

Comments