Coffee tea and fellowship

Day 13 Numbers 31 - 38 to Deuteronomy 6:24
Day 14 Deuteronomy 6:25 to Deuteronomy 22:10





Backpackers Cafe
Live post, I'm sitting in "Cafe Secret Ally" downtown Kandy, enjoying only the second cappuccino in 14 days! (No wonder I'm shaking....)

Don't want to spoil the pattern.
Ah! 400rp that hits the mark.
Having a bit of downtime, led worship this morning, service daily at 7am, this morning it was 6.45 as it included communion, so I was up at 6 and since the water went off last night I didn't have to worry about getting wash! 
The text was Exodus 7:1-14  though as you'd expect I extended the theme to inclue Abraham, the sermon centred around God who has plans for us, God who journeys with us, and the God who is always ahead of us.
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AlOksn0FGntqgUG-c8ipchHde-2
(Hope it works - someone might let me know.)

Well off to wander, need to pick up some bread and grab some lunch while I'm here...KFC or Pizza hut beckons.

Actually I had fish and chips!

So this afternoon/evening I joined with one of the college fathers and a student at a Cottage Meeting, a Lent fellowship group by another name. The father organises them within the local parish one for each week of Lent and they move around individual members homes, this way those without transport can still attend some of the meetings. The meeting was entirety in Sinhala so I've simply no idea what was being said as the members shared with each other. Though I do know that the theme was repentance and temptation. 

Interesting that amongst the week in pictures as part of the BBC news, report show Nepalese men throwing burning coconut shells at each other as part of the celebration of Mesabetan Api a purification ritual to enter the holy day of Nyepi, a day of silence for self - reflection to celebrate the Balinese Hindu New Year. 
This before the day of Nyepi, the day of silence for self reflection,  fasting, and meditation! I've got the coconut shells on order along with next year's palm crosses as an alternative way of launching the Lenten season! I told you that there was room for imagination,  far more interesting than flipping a few pancakes...

Enjoy your own Lenten journey wherever it takes you, as you self reflect, fast, and meditate.

Today invite your prayers for the Chrsitian community of Pilimathalawa those who lead and those who attend their cottage fellowship meetings. 

Comments