Paraskev̱í̱ (the planning)

The planning – much of this is a first for me. I don’t ‘do’ social media or use any such platforms, and not one for writing blogs - so this is not only a first, it’s a step into the unknown. So bear with me.

These musings form part of a blog and Journal as I embark on a period of Ministerial sabbatical during which time I shall be spending a little under a month at the Theological College of Lanka, at Pilimathalawa a suburb of the city of Kandy in Sri Lanka.



This will be followed by periods of time away for retreat and reflection then towards the end of the 3 months I shall spend a week on the St Cuthberts Way, a footpath bridging the national border between Scotland and England, this inspiring 100km (62.5 miles) route links Melrose in the Scottish Borders, where St. Cuthbert started his religious life in 650AD, with Holy Island off the Northumberland Coast, his eventual resting place and his original pilgrimage shrine.


During these 90 days or so I intend to read or more likely listen to the entire bible, no mean feat, though we have the technology.

Today I invite your prayers for the people of Sri Lanka, those who will meet and transport me as I begin this pilgrimage this journey .