Orientation

Day 3 Genesis 27:38 - Genesis 38:30

 Clearly this early start is going to take its toll on me (6.30am in case youve forgotten) I managed to take my seat in the chapel with barely a minute to spare passing the student bell ringer on my way up the chapel steps.

The service was conducted in Tamil and Sinhala with occasional instructions in English  – yet despite this language barrier I am very  much aware that I am participating in an act of worship, the introduction to prayers of adoration; prayers of confession; prayers of intercession; clearly indicate the direction of our thoughts and minds and while I do not understand what is actually spoken I do know what I am required to be praying. 

This daily morning worship is followed again by breakfast comprising milk rice with sweet coconut and hot chili dishes . Generally speaking Hot chilli spices and curry don’t agree with me too much, though I am determined to try as much as possible. Once again the students at the table are only too happy to tell me which are the hotter dishes, though there is a giveaway - they're usually red! 

The Theological College of Lanka.


The Anglican, Methodist and Baptist churches of Sri Lanka inaugurated the Theological College of Lanka in 1963. Later the Presbyterian Church (Presbytery of Lanka) joined the federation to educate new clergy in the environment of Sri Lanka and their own languages; Sinhalese and Tamil. In1964 the TCL was accredited by the Senate of Serampore College (University) of India. Over 90% of the active clergy in the constituent churches in Sri Lanka today have received their theological and pastoral education at TCL. TCL is the only accredited Theological College among the Protestant churches of Sri Lanka, which not only maintains its ecumenical foundation, but also brings together the Sinhalese and Tamil students, who are both men and women, in a fellowship both at work and at leisure. This is an integral aspect of the personal and spiritual formation of the future ministers of a country which is torn apart by ethnic divisions. (Source WCC  overcoming violence, churches seeking reconciliation and peace) 



Today would you pray for students 
Hansini
Jeyananthan
Sanjaya
Chamika
Premaseelan
Nishanthi
Miranga
Andrew